Thursday, August 7, 2014

The Paul Loves Weezer Project - Song 49 Crab

Weezer is on tour!  Check the front page of Weezerpedia.com and Weezertix.com for the details.

In honor of the new album announcement and Ric Ocasek, I'm going to go through the Green Album and it's b-sides.

The forty-ninth Weezer Song of the Day is Crab, which is the fifth song on the The Green Album

I didn't get this out earlier because this is a tough week family-wise.  August 5th was the 15th anniversary of my brother's death.  I tried writing something for days, but it wouldn't come out in an intelligible way.  
It's great and exciting that Weezer is coming out with a new record and it's going to be 'classic' and Rock, but it's hard not having my brother here to share the experience with, but I do have a music-loving daughter to share it with me.



Crab live by Weezer in 2001 in Germany:








I have never seen Crab performed live.  According to Setlist.fm it has been played live 58 times, all in 2001-2002.

Crab is the fifth song on the Green Album.  It's a quick, up tempo Green diddy about frustrating women being crabby.  The vocals are fairly interesting and it has a bit of an understated riff.  The solo is a bit bland on the album, but pops better in the live version above.






Bob Along!

What do you guys think?


Weezerpedia Entry for Crab.

What do you think of the =w= 14 and 15?

Project Info: 
So why did I create this blog?  To document my Weezer Song Project.  Over the next year, I am going to attempt to listen to every...EVERY Weezer song recorded.  All the album tracks and b-sides will be easy, but there are some unreleased songs that may or not be accessible.  Hopefully, the search (and destroy) will be fun to follow.  At the moment, the list has 214 songs!  My list includes You Gave Your Love to me Softly, Longtime SunshineTurn Me Round, Getting Up and Leaving, Waiting on You, and Back to the Shack.  We learned early this year that a new Weezer record is on the way and we got to hear Back to the Shack twice on the Weezer Cruise II.

So here is the master list from Karl et al. on Weezerpedia!
 I will soon publish my Google Doc Spreadsheet, which will document my progress.
Here is my Spotify playlist.
Paul Loves Weezer YOUTUBE Playlist

PLW Rater!  It's not quite Leonard Maltin, but it will work.
1 - Go get a beer...It's still a Weezer song, but it's a good time to rent a beer
2 - Head Bobber...The song causes at least moderate movement
3 - Rock it out...Banging of the head and the arm is in the air \m/
4 - Undone...No choice but to jump around

No comments:

Post a Comment