Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Paul Loves Weezer Project - Song 20 Susanne


Weezer's Spring Tour is going on now.  Check the front page of Weezerpedia.com and Weezertix.com for the details.



I saw Weezer in Myrtle Beach Last Night!

For the twentieth Weezer Song of the Day, I chose Susanne, which was the B-side Weezer played last night.  Susanne was written about a great Geffen A&R assistant.  The original lyric was "Kurt Cobain and Axl Rose" but was changed to "Izzy Slash and Axl Rose" with Kurt's passing.  Last night, Rivers sang it with Kurt Cobain's name in the lyrics.

Here is my video of Susanne from last night at HOB MB:




They also played Back to the Shack and here is my video:






Last night was my 10th Weezer show.  I've seen Susanne performed live 5 times.  According to Setlist.fm it has been played live over 100 times since 1995. 

Suzanne rocks and is a tribute song in the vein of Jamie without the irony. 

I also got to go backstage for the first time at a Weezer show and the House of Blues.  I got to talk to Scott for a minute and saw Brian, as well.  Rivers took quite a bit of time to talk to us and it was unbelievably cool.  You can see our picture on Twitter.  I'm not going to detail our conversation, but the takeaway was that Rivers is driven to have fun, give the fans what they want and thus make us happy.  I chose the right band to be my favorite!






Rock it Out!

What do you guys think?

Weezerpedia Entry for Susanne.

Who's going to Charlotte tonight?


Project Info: 
So why did I create this blog?  To document my Weezer Song Project.  Over the next year, I am going to attempt to listen to every...EVERY Weezer song recorded.  All the album tracks and b-sides will be easy, but there are some unreleased songs that may or not be accessible.  Hopefully, the search (and destroy) will be fun to follow.  At the moment, the list has 213 songs!  My list includes You Gave Your Love to me Softly, Longtime SunshineTurn Me Round, Waiting on You, and Back to the Shack.  We learned early this year that a new Weezer record is on the way and we got to hear Back to the Shack twice on the Weezer Cruise II.

So here is the master list from Karl et al. on Weezerpedia!
 I will soon publish my Google Doc Spreadsheet, which will document my progress.
Here is my Spotify playlist.
Paul Loves Weezer YOUTUBE Playlist

PLW Rater!  It's not quite Leonard Maltin, but it will work.
1 - Go get a beer...It's still a Weezer song, but it's a good time to rent a beer
2 - Head Bobber...The song causes at least moderate movement
3 - Rock it out...Banging of the head and the arm is in the air \m/
4 - Undone...No choice but to jump around

No comments:

Post a Comment