Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Paul Loves Weezer Project - Day 2 - Song 1 Keep Fishin'

So day 1 was my brother's birthday.  His favorite band of all time was KISS.  Interestingly, my favorite band is Weezer.  For those who do not know, Rivers Cuomo's favorite band is KISS.

So why did I create this blog?  To document my Weezer Song Project.  Over the next year, I am going to attempt to listen to every...EVERY Weezer song recorded.  All the album tracks and b-sides will be easy, but there are some unreleased songs that may or not be accessible.  Hopefully, the search (and destroy) will be fun to follow.  At the moment, the list has 210 songs!  My list includes Turn Me Round and Back to the Shack.  We learned early this year that a new Weezer record is on the way and we got to hear Back to the Shack twice on the Weezer Cruise II.

So here is the master list from Karl et al. on Weezerpedia!

I will soon publish my Google Doc Spreadsheet, which will document my progress.

Here is my Spotify playlist.

Today's featured song is Keep Fishin', which is the video withe Muppets:



This is my favorite Weezer video, because the guys act a bit and The Muppets are fantastic.

I've seen Keep Fishin' performed live 3 times.  Most recently on a beach in the Bahamas.  It's a happy, power-pop tune.  The drums and Brian Bell's vocals.are featured.  Waste my days...

Weezerpedia Entry for Keep Fishin'

Bonus:  Muppet Wikia for Weezer and the Muppets Go Fishin'



No comments:

Post a Comment