Friday, March 14, 2014

The Paul Loves Weezer Project - Song 7 I Just Threw Out the Love of my Dreams

#Pinkerton

Leading up to the beginning of Weezer's Spring Tour, I'm going to feature PINKERTON era songs, including all 10 songs off the record, culminating on April 1st.  We have tickets to go see the Myrtle Beach House of Blues show!

For the seventh Weezer Song of the Day, the Pinkerton era continues with track I Just Threw Out the Love of My Dreams.  This is the only song that got proper treatment for the Songs from the Black Hole project, which morphed into Pinkerton.  Rachel Haden of That Dog performs vocals.  You might think it was a The Rentals song and it is odd to hear Rivers sing it.



(Embed not available)



Here is the Pinkerton Deluxe version, which was recorded in June 1996:





I've seen I Just Threw Out the Love of my Dreams performed live once on the second Weezer Cruise last month with Rivers on lead vocals.  He changed the gender to she and her.  According to Setlist.fm it has been played live only 6 times!.  It's a rare one and especially rare with Rachel on lead vocals!

I Just Threw Out the Love of my Dreams is a fantastic song, especially with Rachel Haden on lead vocals and Rivers accompanying.  It is one of the best choruses Rivers has ever written.  Heavy keyboard throughout and an electronic sound kept it off of Pinkerton.  This one makes me want to hear an official release of Songs from the Black Hole. I wonder if Weezer will ever stage SFTBH???







We are Rocking it Out!

What do you guys think?

Weezerpedia Entry for I Just Threw Out the Love of My Dreams

Have you seen IJTOTLOMD live?


Project Info: 
So why did I create this blog?  To document my Weezer Song Project.  Over the next year, I am going to attempt to listen to every...EVERY Weezer song recorded.  All the album tracks and b-sides will be easy, but there are some unreleased songs that may or not be accessible.  Hopefully, the search (and destroy) will be fun to follow.  At the moment, the list has 213 songs!  My list includes You Gave Your Love to me Softly, Longtime SunshineTurn Me Round, Waiting on You, and Back to the Shack.  We learned early this year that a new Weezer record is on the way and we got to hear Back to the Shack twice on the Weezer Cruise II.

So here is the master list from Karl et al. on Weezerpedia!
 I will soon publish my Google Doc Spreadsheet, which will document my progress.
Here is my Spotify playlist.
Paul Loves Weezer YOUTUBE Playlist

PLW Rater!  It's not quite Leonard Maltin, but it will work.
1 - Go get a beer...It's still a Weezer song, but it's a good time to rent a beer
2 - Head Bobber...The song causes at least moderate movement
3 - Rock it out...Banging of the head and the arm is in the air \m/
4 - Undone...No choice but to jump around

No comments:

Post a Comment